C-Pen Reader 0
The C-Pen Reader arrived at the Dyslexia Box office this morning. It’s a product we’ve been aware of for a while and one which is predominantly thought of as a tool for helping younger learners who struggle with reading. And it is great at that.
At Dyslexia Box we also see the C-Pen Reader as being a useful tool to help individuals in the workplace - in fact we know many people who use it daily in their working lives. If most of your work is done at a computer, there are some great text-to-speech programmes available (ClaroRead and Read&Write for example) but not everyone uses a computer at work - and sometimes assistive technology can forget these people.
The C-Pen Reader is a truly accessible text reader for use on a building site, in a supermarket, in meetings, exhibitions, or even reading a newspaper in a cafe.
Here are some of the C-Pen Readers’ keys features:
- Excellent text-to-speech function - have any text read aloud by what is the clearest speech engine on the market.
- OCR (Optical Character Recognition) Engine - scan text which is saved onto the pen top be saved onto a computer later.
- Collins English Dictionary with definitions which can be read aloud.
- Portable and lightweight (it’s half the size of other scanning pens).
- It’s discreet - The C-Pen Reader comes with a pair of earphones which means that if you are having text read out aloud, those around don’t need to know.
The C-Pen Reader is a great piece of technology which makes text accessible for people of all ages.
Search the latest assistive technology here: https://dyslexiabox.co.uk/collections